Discuss Self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gizmo.man

I really want to go self employed As a plumber
But don't know where to start or look. Where to advertise

I take it you're employed as a plumber atm, so its probably worth putting the hours in and working self employed in your spare time (weekends, evenings etc) It'll be hard work but while doing that you build a customer base of your own, get a name for yourself as a one man band and get some secure earnings as well.

Contact your local Business Gateway and they will help you with everything. They run free business courses and offer free ongoing help and advice to your business.

i would advertise in local rags and internet find a tradesman and so on get contract work with letting agents and word of mouth is good if your a honest trades man who does a top job as people always remember the bad plumbers and starting out is hard work but hope it goes well for you

Contact your local Business Gateway and they will help you with everything. They run free business courses and offer free ongoing help and advice to your business.

just checked and the one coming up is scotland??? or am i looking in the wrong place?

google them adding your area to the search should come up then

Thanks for your reply. I have been working alongside
A gas man for 3 years and he's packed me in
And I have decent enought experience and
Confidence just don't know where to start
Or the know how. In considering yellow pages
To advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock