Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary return pump replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Limited DIYer who can replace a tap but when it comes to actual real plumbing and pipework, useless.

I have a failed secondary return pump in our unvented system. The failed pump is a Lowara EBV 15-1/65U with a mechanical timer.

If possible, I would like to just replace the unit with a new one directly into the existing fitting, if that's at all possible. I would like the replacement to have a digital timer but if anyone would like to suggest alternatives, such as a separate timer for the electrics. For example, would it be possible to just replace the unit with, say, a Grundfos Comfort 15‑14 BA PM by screwing the replacement into the existing fitting or would I need a plumber to refit the replacement including existing pipework fittings?

This is the existing failed system and pipework orientation:

IMG_0887.png
IMG_0888.png

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to Secondary return pump replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock