Discuss Scum Of The Earth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just my analyser kit (I say just loosely) and a regin 45 u-gauge. I pay £15 a month, you think it'll go up by much?

Honestly can't say mate. But when I told my liability insurance that there was going to be *possibly* be a claim for water damage, the renewal quote went up to £780. After it was proved to not be my fault, my premium was £136.40...

Plus you normally have to report claims for the next 5 years, so possibly in the long-term the cost will be several hundred quid.

Honestly can't say mate. But when I told my liability insurance that there was going to be *possibly* be a claim for water damage, the renewal quote went up to £780. After it was proved to not be my fault, my premium was £136.40...

Plus you normally have to report claims for the next 5 years, so possibly in the long-term the cost will be several hundred quid.

That's blooming rediculous!!! Makes me wonder why I bother with insurance at all, when all they do is claim the money back by upping your premiums, so in the long run all it really is is a loan!!

That's blooming rediculous!!! Makes me wonder why I bother with insurance at all, when all they do is claim the money back by upping your premiums, so in the long run all it really is is a loan!!

if it was me i would take the money your paying for tool insurance and put that amount in a separate bank account, some of them wont cover handtools or powertools over x years old anyway

if it was me i would take the money your paying for tool insurance and put that amount in a separate bank account, some of them wont cover handtools or powertools over x years old anyway

or bloody drill bits there classed as wear and tear items bloody dear wear and tare items

I'm not sure if toxic ted is still on this forum but when my van was robbed he sent me a personal PM & offered to post me a free Kane analyser he had spare! Luckily my analyser was not in the van that night, but a kind offer indeed :)

My mate had his van done last night; took random tools and holesaw kits etc. Didn't see all his powertools in stacking boxes sat right there! Lucky.

Worried now that mine is going to get done although I live a couple of miles away. Guess it's a matter of time.

I read your message this morning but haven't had 5 minutes to scratch my ar*e hole to be able to reply with a reply I wanted to say.

Jules, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. I'll try not to get too soppy after all, we're all men here (huh hum) lol. Seriously, I actually got a lump in me throat when I read it driving in my van this morning, it's such a kind thing for you to do. You restored a little faith in me that I am losing very fast for human kind.

But without sounding like the most ungrateful w@@@er in the universe I will gratefully decline your kind offer as the boss gave me his anton yesterday when he replaced my van. Worst thing is, the back door was already f'd up from a previous engineer who crashed it and I had been telling my boss for ages that I didn't feel safe leaving all my tools in the van, even if the door locked, with a messed up back door. And the day before I was swapping it for my new van it got robbed..

Anyway, Jules, thank you mate I really appreciate what you did and if we ever cross paths I'll buy you a few beers!! ;)

no worries mate maybe someone in secret santa mightget it,
so if you've entered that you may well still get it LOL

Fit dead locks, wont stop the pro`s but will put off the average have a go tea leaf. Downside is they could attract attention to the van.

I'm not sure if toxic ted is still on this forum but when my van was robbed he sent me a personal PM & offered to post me a free Kane analyser he had spare! Luckily my analyser was not in the van that night, but a kind offer indeed :)

Bet APP has sent PM to Toxic already asking for it! lol

Fit dead locks, wont stop the pro`s but will put off the average have a go tea leaf. Downside is they could attract attention to the van.

Yep, just gotta make it as difficult as possible... I got deadlocks, van alarm & van vault... The longer it takes them the less they will hang around. Espically with an alarm going off!

I also reverse up to a security post at night blocking the rear doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scum Of The Earth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back