Search the forum,

Discuss Scum Of The Earth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I turned a corner after leaving a job, with my rucksack on my back, hover and hose in my hands an what do I see???

Some low life scumbag with his head in the back of my van.

Soon as I saw him I shouted and ran towards my van, he got into his with his mate already in the driving seat and drove off before I could get there.

They stole all my gas equipment - brand new Kane 455 CPA1 kit, regin u-gauge and other bits n bobs... Didn't get the ref plate and cops said CCTV wasn't clear enough to get the ref plate or a look at who done it.

Just confirms my hatred for most people in this world!!!

sorry to hear that where was you jay?i had three up in a late van all signed up for an areiel firme trying to chat to me yesterday round chingford told them to **** of fecking looky likies
when did you last see aerial fitters three handed and you know as soon as they start giving you a load of carp about do you want to sell that van

Last edited:
I was in north London, N7.. They did it in front of three council workers as well ... c***s

I tell you what, it could have been a lot worse. Had I not come out when I did they'd have had the lot!! I'm just glad it was only that, I'm also glad I'm insured!! So it's not the end of the world. At least they're on cctv so I'm pretty sure my insurance will cover it.. But still, I hope they die a very slow and painful death in the very near future :)

I'm a big believer in poetic justice.

The punishment should fit the crime.

They have stolen the tools of this man's trade.

So, they should have the tools of their trade removed.

Can we agree that their trade is being a thieving W@nker? And therefore their right hand and their d1ck should be removed.

What could be fairer than that?

I'll do the hand, I'll leave the d@@@ to someone else lol

I tell you what, it could have been a lot worse. Had I not come out when I did they'd have had the lot!! I'm just glad it was only that, I'm also glad I'm insured!! So it's not the end of the world. At least they're on cctv so I'm pretty sure my insurance will cover it.. But still, I hope they die a very slow and painful death in the very near future :)

Yeah you were lucky... My van was emptied when I was done! Luckily my analyser was indoors at least lol!

I guess you left it unlocked?

next time dont shout until your 3 feet away then give him the hover around the back of his neck!

i feel for you mate it happens only too the good people,

as above, never shout at someone who's stealing your gear just walk up to them and give them a 24" stilson over the head

What van do you have and how did they get in ??

It was a Toyota hiace, they popped the lock right through the door.. Def wasn't unlocked when I left it. I always check my doors before I leave the van.. In hindsight I know I should have just walked up to the can and decked the guy but I was shocked, it took a second to register what was happening. Tbh, had I not shouted he'd have had my makita drill too the effing loser!!!

Jay
I have a second hand anton v2 that i was selling. But you can have it for free if you pm your address.

It needs calibrating ran out in April 2015. And the 2 pin plug on the probe that connects into the main body is missing so needs a new one.

I bought it cheap but never used it.(ex barnsley council)

Its a genuine offer and dont want anything for it.
it might get you out of a hole till you can get summat better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comes with
Anton bag
Mani unit
Probe minus 2 pin plug
Charger
And as it christmas i'll throw in a gas sniffer attachment.

See this is why I love this forum

B@st@rd scumbags!

Put up a list of what got nicked mate. I'm sure if people have spares we can help replace stuff. Last thing you want with a new baby is to have to buy all your tools again. Try not to claim off your insurance otherwise premium will go sky-high...

B@st@rd scumbags!

Put up a list of what got nicked mate. I'm sure if people have spares we can help replace stuff. Last thing you want with a new baby is to have to buy all your tools again. Try not to claim off your insurance otherwise premium will go sky-high...

+1 for this, I'm sure we've all got some spare tools lying around that hardly get used

sorry to hear that jay, should of pushed him in the back of your van and locked the doors and went for a drive

Jay
I have a second hand anton v2 that i was selling. But you can have it for free if you pm your address.

It needs calibrating ran out in April 2015. And the 2 pin plug on the probe that connects into the main body is missing so needs a new one.

I bought it cheap but never used it.(ex barnsley council)

Its a genuine offer and dont want anything for it.
it might get you out of a hole till you can get summat better.

I read your message this morning but haven't had 5 minutes to scratch my ar*e hole to be able to reply with a reply I wanted to say.

Jules, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. I'll try not to get too soppy after all, we're all men here (huh hum) lol. Seriously, I actually got a lump in me throat when I read it driving in my van this morning, it's such a kind thing for you to do. You restored a little faith in me that I am losing very fast for human kind.

But without sounding like the most ungrateful w@@@er in the universe I will gratefully decline your kind offer as the boss gave me his anton yesterday when he replaced my van. Worst thing is, the back door was already f'd up from a previous engineer who crashed it and I had been telling my boss for ages that I didn't feel safe leaving all my tools in the van, even if the door locked, with a messed up back door. And the day before I was swapping it for my new van it got robbed..

Anyway, Jules, thank you mate I really appreciate what you did and if we ever cross paths I'll buy you a few beers!! ;)

B@st@rd scumbags!

It was just my analyser kit (I say just loosely) and a regin 45 u-gauge. I pay £15 a month, you think it'll go up by much?

Does that mean there's an analyser going spare, free to a good home.....?:devilish:

It was just my analyser kit (I say just loosely) and a regin 45 u-gauge. I pay £15 a month, you think it'll go up by much?

Honestly can't say mate. But when I told my liability insurance that there was going to be *possibly* be a claim for water damage, the renewal quote went up to £780. After it was proved to not be my fault, my premium was £136.40...

Plus you normally have to report claims for the next 5 years, so possibly in the long-term the cost will be several hundred quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scum Of The Earth in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock