Discuss Scale of 0-10 how dangerous is removing fuse from consumder unit w/o turning off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know what youd doing, and depending on the type - not very.
But it comes down to competence and knowledge

easy to do but if you break the seal,supplier wont be happy

not worth the risk if you ask me, get a spark/supplier to install a breaker so it can be worked on safely

if its a buss bar no if has an integral clip buss bar (cant see the buss bar) then your fine

why you need to remove/refit one??????

Technical its illegal to remove your mains incoming fuse. Most power suppliers will do this for you at no charge, but can be a pain when waiting for them to reconnect.

Bahh just put a new seal on it ��

one of these do? a.jpg

He doesnt mean main in coming fuse. Reads like he wants to keep power to some circuits and remove a fuse/mcb on one circuit.
He says he wants to keep consumer unit LIVE

Is it a fused type or breaker type ? Stupid question really but if its just the breaker type make sure its turned off so theres no arc and booooom whip it out !

I read the OP as removing a fuse from a consumer unit without turning it off?
In other words, - Pulling a fuse out of a consumer unit without switching the consumer totally off using the consumer switch?
If that's the question, then I do it all the time, but you will get a spark if pulling the fuse out of a circuit that is under load.

He doesnt mean main in coming fuse. Reads like he wants to keep power to some circuits and remove a fuse/mcb on one circuit.
He says he wants to keep consumer unit LIVE

Sorry, - you got there before me as I was slow to type obviously. :smile:

dont believe what is written on each breaker/fuse, sparkies dont always get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scale of 0-10 how dangerous is removing fuse from consumder unit w/o turning off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back