Discuss Saniflow repairs yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the one with the saniflo pipe going through the roofspace which the rat had chewed into. Macerated brown stuff sprayed all over the inside of the loft for a prolonged period of time. It was only discovered when a customer of a friend spotted a brown stain appearing on the bedroom ceiling.

bit of domestic muck spreading ,few florescent lights fitted and you could be growing in no time !!

Bet that took some cleaning !!

Can you imagine saying to customer,''yeh,will just pop up and replace the ball valve,jumping in loft and being confronted with that mess ,not niice :38:

Last edited by a moderator:
replace or get saniflows in they do a fixed rate repair about 130 so if its domestic you might as well replace

Yes my daughter has a Saniflow WC and they have a reasonable service response and the guy is used to getting down and dirty.

Worth taking the lid of as its probably just had something flushed down, usually a tammy or johnny, although those cosmetic face wipes can block em as well.

As promised, the result:

I checked for blockages in the pipes, all clear. I opened the lid and sucked out all the water, absolutely clean as a whistle. Took off pan connector, no debris, really clean. It didn't look like anyone had ever done a no.2 even.

No simple fix so rather than stripping the thing down and still not getting it sorted I passed the customer on to a local Saniflo engineer.

I didn't charge the lady although she argued that she should pay me for my time. I accepted a jar of home made marmalade in the end.

Just arrived home and her sister phoned me to say she wanted me to replace taps in her 2 bathrooms and replace cloakroom suite and added that she doesn't expect it for free and will obviously pay the going rate.

It just shows that there are some people out there who don't expect something for nothing and it's worth doing a little favour now and again.

Thanks again to all who gave advice, even the daft ones gave me a laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflow repairs yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock