Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflow repairs yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have searched through all posts on Saniflow toilets and can't find an answer.

Customer phoned today to say her saniflow has been making more noise than usual recently and the pump seems intermitent.

Have any of you guys had experience of stripping one of these down? I have agreed to have a look at it tomorrow but am now getting cold feet as I don't fancy getting covered in the old brown stuff and I don't want to cover the customers bathroom in it either.:38:

Should I advise her to get a Saniflow engineer in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If the unit is working it should not be that bad inside,just maybe a crust covering here and there.so should not get over other parts of bathroom,the hardest part of the job is getting the lid back on when you have finished

If more noisy than usual, maybe something has been put down it, that shouldn't have been,there is a inner cage over macerator section,so maybe something in there

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not taken one apart but from what I understand get a wet vac and Hoover it out!

I've done one. The cust poked a net curtain rail down it and lost the spring. Jammed it good and proper, got it out but unit didn't last long after that and had to fit a new one.

The upshot of my first encounter inside a saniflo is the fact there won't be a second.

I've done one. The cust poked a net curtain rail down it and lost the spring. Jammed it good and proper, got it out but unit didn't last long after that and had to fit a new one.

The upshot of my first encounter inside a saniflo is the fact there won't be a second.

so youve had a number one and a numbe two on a saniflow simong ?

imho if there out serious dont bother repairing there more agro then there worth, simpley replace

i have stripped down one, have had a worse toilet blockage if i'm honest. They look relatively easy to repair also if you do boiler repairs then you'd understand the mechanics of a saniflow no problem

Many thanks guys, I'll give it a go and let you know the outcome.

Assuming I survive.

Agreed, I once spent a good hour cleaning a blocked saniflo out on a patio. Toilet backed up with brown soup etc, removed sanifo and scraped it all out into a bin liner while wretching the whole time. Got it all cleaned up and checked the 22mm pipe and it was clear so re fitted.

Did it work? No

had no real big probs doing them,as said drain blockages can be a lot worse

Did one a few years ago,full of condoms rapped around the motor,must of been hundreds in there,did not know what to say,incase wife on pill and maybe a bit of playing away going on,so bagged um up,lasted well,still using them today :1:

Did one a few years ago,full of condoms rapped around the motor,must of been hundreds in there,did not know what to say,incase wife on pill and maybe a bit of playing away going on,so bagged um up,lasted well,still using them today :1:

your not been paid enough

At least you won't have to buy any for a while puddle! :santa_cheesy:

Edit: sorry just re read, you already did that joke..:dunce2:

Last edited:
the only way you will get it on the bathroom floor is if theres a another waste running into it at the bottom! what a job trying to lift that bit of flex and move the saniflo without dirty water flowing down the waste pipe lol!

Reminds me of the one with the saniflo pipe going through the roofspace which the rat had chewed into. Macerated brown stuff sprayed all over the inside of the loft for a prolonged period of time. It was only discovered when a customer of a friend spotted a brown stain appearing on the bedroom ceiling.

Reminds me of the one with the saniflo pipe going through the roofspace which the rat had chewed into. Macerated brown stuff sprayed all over the inside of the loft for a prolonged period of time. It was only discovered when a customer of a friend spotted a brown stain appearing on the bedroom ceiling.

Jesus, possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever heard....oh jesus! :ack2:

bit of domestic muck spreading ,few florescent lights fitted and you could be growing in no time !!

Bet that took some cleaning !!

Can you imagine saying to customer,''yeh,will just pop up and replace the ball valve,jumping in loft and being confronted with that mess ,not niice :38:

Last edited by a moderator:
replace or get saniflows in they do a fixed rate repair about 130 so if its domestic you might as well replace

Yes my daughter has a Saniflow WC and they have a reasonable service response and the guy is used to getting down and dirty.

Worth taking the lid of as its probably just had something flushed down, usually a tammy or johnny, although those cosmetic face wipes can block em as well.

As promised, the result:

I checked for blockages in the pipes, all clear. I opened the lid and sucked out all the water, absolutely clean as a whistle. Took off pan connector, no debris, really clean. It didn't look like anyone had ever done a no.2 even.

No simple fix so rather than stripping the thing down and still not getting it sorted I passed the customer on to a local Saniflo engineer.

I didn't charge the lady although she argued that she should pay me for my time. I accepted a jar of home made marmalade in the end.

Just arrived home and her sister phoned me to say she wanted me to replace taps in her 2 bathrooms and replace cloakroom suite and added that she doesn't expect it for free and will obviously pay the going rate.

It just shows that there are some people out there who don't expect something for nothing and it's worth doing a little favour now and again.

Thanks again to all who gave advice, even the daft ones gave me a laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflow repairs yes or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock