Search the forum,

Discuss Revised Technical Bulletins and GIUSP v7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Dotty

Just in case you've not seen these.

Due to the publication of GIUSP Edition 7 and the demise of the Not to Current Standards (NCS) category, there has been a need to revise a number of current Technical Bulletins, that up until now have made reference to NCS situations.

The alterations have resulted in either a change in wording e.g. now saying “non-compliant, or not in accordance with current requirements” or removing the reference altogether. The following is a list of those Technical Bulletins that have had to be revised to reflect the change.

TB 003 - Built-over unprotected polyethylene (PE) Low and Medium pressure natural gas services – Safety concern

TB 005(A) - Gas cookers in internal kitchens - Ventilation requirements as applied to England, Wales, the Isle of Man and Guernsey

TB 005(B) - Gas cookers in internal kitchens - Ventilation requirements as applied to Scotland

TB 005(C) - Gas cookers in internal kitchens - Ventilation requirements as applied to Northern Ireland

TB 007 - Room-sealed (natural/fanned draught) and open-flued (fanned draught) appliance flues terminating within covered passageways (ginnells)

TB 018 - Glow-worm ‘xi’ range of boilers – Product modification and servicing reminder

TB 058 - Painted appliance cases

TB 060 - Provision of compartment ventilation for domestic sized gas appliances

TB 061 - Reducing the size of builder’s openings and fireplace recesses

TB 067 - Carfield-Geminox Boilers – Inappropriate flue materials

TB 078 - Vaillant ecoMAX and ecoTEC ranges of boilers – Product modification and servicing reminder

TB 084 - The prohibition of two pliable connectors on a domestic gas meter installation

TB 091 - Decommissioning part of a combined gas appliance

TB 100 - Dealing with damaged pre-fabricated built-in domestic sized gas meter boxes

TB 105 - Non-room-sealed gas appliances located in sleeping accommodation

TB 120 - Halstead CB, SB and VB range of boilers – Product modification and servicing reminder

TB 136 - Dealing with Permali ‘A’ type meter compartments during meter work

The revised versions of these Technical Bulletins, with an issue date of 1 July 2015, have now been posted to the Gas Safe Register Engineer’s web site. A list of these standards and an explanation is to be published in the August edition of Registered Gas Engineer Magazine.

All threads relating to GIUSP v7 have been merged with this one and made sticky. Please keep them all to this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont suppose you could post links plz all mighty god

many thanks
shaun

I'll be uploading them to my Dropbox over the next few days.

I'll post a link up when they're done.

all hail the king :D

thnx crop

dont know why but dont have access to gas safe online

GIUSP changes

Going to phone Gas safe up on Monday as I'm struggling to get my head around these changes that are happening, is everyone in the same boat ?

Re: GIUSP changes

the ntsc stuff and the ar and id changes?

I can guarantee that there's guys out there still unaware that there's been changes. I've not had a proper chance to sit down and read v7 yet.

Yes it is on there, go to latest date then scroll down its about 10-11 down I think.

Sorry it's on 2nd page

[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Registered/GetFile.aspx?type=T&t=3&file=techinfo%2fTechnical+Bulletins%2f1+July+2015+-+TB+001+-+Gas+Industry+Unsafe+Situation+Procedure+(GIUSP)+Edition+7.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:

what could come under an unsafe situation because most things would be id

ar
appliance loose
bonding

Id
gas leak
flue system
burner system
incorrect combustion
not enough ventilation

prob think of more later on :D

can anything think of more?

found a table with them on :D

air 4.1 and .2 i think should be id? thoughts?

Last edited:

I was happy to read that gs aren't expecting us to change over until next year. I've got an inspection the week after next!

As I started reading the magazine I had a bit of a 5p, 50p moment!

Of course I'll have a read through before the day and adopt anything I can.

GIUSP Edition 7

does anyone know if the new GIUSP Edition 7 rules will be in the current corgi book

i need to buy the book as i'm about to retake my exams, but dont want to buy a book which will be majorly out of date within 1 month

i suspect as the new NCS rules will be only days old theyre unlikely to be in the exams, but thats not the point

i just realised current book was 1st printed in 2013, theres probably a lot of new rules which arent in it

Re: GIUSP Edition 7

think they will be in as alot of collages have been caught out with training etc

Re: GIUSP Edition 7

The niceic books have only been updated in the last few months. I don't think they have the new regs in.

GIUSP v7 is a live document so I doubt it'll be included as such BUT it will be referred to as with all the standards and TB's.

It's a free download.

It's also in my Dropbox as above.

problem is those TB are near enough unreadable documents, very hard to use for studying

written by lawyers for lawyers and for them to prosecute us when we dont understand them because we're not lawyers

50 pages of waffle to say theres no NCS anymore and nothing about what we're meant to do when we find a hob in a flat without any FSDs after 2016

this is box ticking traffic warden part of my job I hate

Last edited:
What TB's are you reading? The only legalese we really have to read is the GSIUR. The TB's are written to help decipher the regs and standards to help us understand them easier.

We're expected to carry a couple of TB's for reference purposes at all times, TB 007, 008, TB 013 and TB 026 for example.

So the things need to be simple for the likes of me and you.

Reply to Revised Technical Bulletins and GIUSP v7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock