Search the forum,

Discuss Returning to the Gas after 5 years.. advice please in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I was previously a member of this forum about 7 years back but lost my login details so started again!
I moved abroad and packed in the gas for a couple of years and then returned to the UK and went to Uni to be a teacher.
After realising teaching is a massive headache I want to get back into the gas and wondered if anyone knew of any good firms in SE London that are recruiting. I've got my gas reassesment booked for early Feb and need to swat up on how smart meters work etc but is there anything else I've missed or need updating on?

Hope all is well

Iain

Reassessment? Would it not be initial again?

Iirc they’ll teach you about smart meters and gas rating, not much else with them for that. If you get one where they’ve ran out of credit wait 60 seconds before lighting the appliance, otherwise it’ll lock off. Pipe sizing is slightly different too. These are off the top of my head.

Reassessment? Would it not be initial again?

Iirc they’ll teach you about smart meters and gas rating, not much else with them for that. If you get one where they’ve ran out of credit wait 60 seconds before lighting the appliance, otherwise it’ll lock off. Pipe sizing is slightly different too. These are off the top of my head.
Sorry, I should of said my last ACS expired in October 22 so I can do the reassessment.
Unsure wherever to just go for the assessment of get the training as well as last time the training wasn't that good from memory. Are the smart meters similar to an E6 meter for example? Are the calculations much different for pipe sizing? Thanks fore the reply

No, 5eyre not like the E6 imo.

Here’s some examples:

1673376728196.jpeg

1673376827252.jpeg

If you do an internet search for smart meters, should be able to find some. Pipe sizing you should know then if you did it recently, but if not, then no they’re not much different, there’s a little more calculation on tees, whether they enter of exit the tee, but you’ll be shown this anyway.

Reply to Returning to the Gas after 5 years.. advice please in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock