Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing old microbore manifolds in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Have a couple of old microbore 28mm to 10mm manifolds for the central heating. Not sure of the condition on the inside of them but outside there's a fair bit of corrosion at the solder/compression joints. There not leaking so was wondering if they can be cleaned or if it's better to replace them as a preventive measure?

If replacing the bullet/berlin manifolds seem to be readily available but the old 12 port Pegler Yorkshire manifolds now appear to be obsolete. Anyone know if there's alternative manifolds available or would it be easier to just make my own?

Thanks for your help!
Eddie

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-29 at 00.27.18.jpg

Taking care, get into it with a small wire brush, wire wool or other abrasive then I'd leave it alone if it isn't giving any trouble. May be a preventive spray with WD40 or similar.

If you discover the surface is really gone you could replace with 3 x 4 ports or an 8 + 4 port which are easily available either as push fit plastic or brass.

Reply to Replacing old microbore manifolds in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock