Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacing mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnaaronrose

Currently I have a not-working-properly Mira Combiforce 415 mixer shower. The back-inlet water pipes project 13mm beyond the tiled surface. Each pipe is within a 32mm diameter x 10mm deep recess. The mixer shower unit is connected to the pipes by 1/2" BSP Male compression fittings. Hopefully, I should be able to remove this (including the olives) without removing the tiles (which are on plasterboard), as I have no spare matching tiles. I would like to replace it with a bar valve thermostatic shower e.g. Mira Coda EV. The instructions for this shower state that it should be connected to a 1/2" Female BSP and it looks like it's below the surface (though there's no statement of how much) so that the Mira offset connector projects 35-40 mm above the surface. is it feasible to carry out this job without removing tiles.

Regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing mixer shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock