Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacing Concealed Thermostatic Showers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondering if there was a better way than smashing tiles, wall etc. (cartridges are corroded in and wont come out)
If those showers were sold with a bigger plate to allow access to joints the job would be much much easier.
How do you guys approach these?

1585062052803.png

I would get a bigger plate made and chromed.
Might cost a bit but cheaper that re-tiling whole wall, or trying to match tiles.

Keep the old plate and get someone to copy it for the hole centres and just make it to what dimensions you need.
Don't forget to charge for all your stuffing around.

I would get a bigger plate made and chromed.
Might cost a bit but cheaper that re-tiling whole wall, or trying to match tiles.

Keep the old plate and get someone to copy it for the hole centres and just make it to what dimensions you need.
Don't forget to charge for all your stuffing around.

Thanks, sounds like a plan.

A long shot but have you looked behind the bath panel or the kitchen plinth for spare tiles?, I always leave a few of each type of tile used but probably in the minority.

Reply to Replacing Concealed Thermostatic Showers in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock