Discuss Replacing a low level cistern for close coupled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestyUK

Gas Engineer
2013-08-17 18.30.01.jpg2013-08-17 18.30.12.jpg

Anyone come across a close coupled toilet that gets you over this problem yet,? without having to pull up the floor and relocate the soil pipe or build a pointless boxings behind the toilet. In this case I want to be able to get the pan as far back as poss.

PS If anyone wants the pink pan and pink pedestal basin its yours :D once i've removed it of course (One old lady owner, high mileage though lol)

Cheers guys

PriestyUK

I doubt you'll get one to accommodate that but worth popping into your merchant with the measurements to see what they can come up with.

I normally quote a like for like replacement in this situation ! Close coupled stuff is over rated anyway! Looks awful with that 4 inch batten behind loo too

I have one of these to do this weekend for a cousin floor up fernco on bit of 110 and a rest bend if I can get it in if not a elbow and re concrete lasttime I did one it took about 3 hours to break out and get all pipework done and another hour to concrete in but then its time to call it a day till the gobo goes off then refit toilet next day

Why not build a duct, install a concealed cistern and a back to wall pan.

Found one that I think is going to work, will leave me with only a 30mm gap which I dont think will be that bad. What you think guys?

[DLMURL="http://www.uk.roca.com/wps/portal/EI004/catalog-product-detail?codeProduct=34251S..0&codeDL=066-14.0087"]Roca[/DLMURL]

Dimensions: http://www.uk.roca.com/RocaResource...Object={50135B4D-3302-478C-9D47-20D97602B724}

I currently have 245mm from wall to centre of soil pipe. I also like the pan connector kit that also stops it blowing off the back of the pan :D

Last edited by a moderator:
a 30mm gap at the back wont look bad at all personally I would cut 2 pieces of 15mm chrome to use as spacers and screw straight through the centre of them providing the loo is drilled for cistern fixings, I prefer 2 pieces of chrome pipe rather using timber or tiles personally I think it looks tidier but everyone has there own way and after all the customer is the one who has to see it everyday so its them that has to be happy with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a low level cistern for close coupled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock