Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replace old Sangamo M5 for Drayton LP722 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian Riedel

Sangamo M5.jpg

Hi,

I've inherited an old Sangamo M5 ticking bomb clock!!! and have a Drayton LP722 to replace it with. It should be a pretty straight forward swap but i'm just not too sure what the old Sangamo wiring is and what goes where.

old Sangamo M5 unit

1 - 2 red wires (1 bridged with 6)
2 - blank
3 - 1 red wire
4 - 2 black wires
5 - blank
6 - 1 red wire (bridged with 1)
7 - blank
8 - 1 black wire

there is also 1 red wire that's not connected to anything. It an old gravity system but it all works. I'd just like the ticking to stop before it drives me mad!!!

The Lp722

E - Earth
L - Live
1 - HW Off
2 - CH Off
3 - HW On
4 - CH On

Please help me figure out what goes where, Thanks

Assuming that you understand the components of your system and how they interact with each other, you'll need to trace which cable does what with a multimeter. Do this with extreme care as all those wires could be live 240v.

If you don't understand the components of your system you might be better off getting a heating engineer / plumber to take a look.

E - Earth = E

Then it should be as follows,reading right to left

L - Live = 3
N- Neutral = 4 (the two black wires )

3 - HW On = 1
4 - CH On = 8

disregard existing loop

switch/pins on back of programmer to gravity hot water,if you leave on fully pumped,if you put heating on by its self all that will happen is pump will come on,you can only have hot water or hot water and heating on your system

This is a guild only,tests should be carried out to varify wiring and would be good to see some earth covering on the earth cables

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace old Sangamo M5 for Drayton LP722 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock