Search the forum,

Discuss Replace drayton thermo with wireless in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rab

Looking for a bit of advice on changing my old 3 wire drayton dial thermostat to a wireless thermostat that came with the new water tank we had fitted.

Do I just need a permanent live and a switched live for the new setup?

Unfortunately it won't let me put pictures up.

Any help appreciated.

Do yourself a favour and stick with the hard wired stat. Wireless stats appear to be sexy until the batteries run down and you havent got any hot water. Just my opinion

Really? I thought it was just a natural progression type gadget.

The reason I want to change the drayton dial is it doesn't seem to work very well. Doesn't seem accurate.
And I want to move it into the living room as the kitchen never gets up to temp and the boiler ends up short cycling possible due to overheating.

problem with moving a stat is that you would need to replace your trv with a lockshiled valve in the room you desire to move the stat to,

and also if its a small room you would need to keep a few doors open as once that room is upto temp the heating will turn off even if all the other rooms are cold

That's the thing the radiator in the kitchen has a trv and the living room doesn't so that's what makes me think it should have been in the living room to begin with?

The kitchen Is quite drafty due to the cat flap so it never gets up to temp.

could of been unless someone has replaced a lock with a trv

Possibly. I think this property's CH was put in as part of a government scheme 12 years ago long before we had it. The plumbing is nothing short of shocking. I'm guessing they were in here for a day then ****ed off.

All the pipes were run down the walls inside electrical conduit ha.

The thermostat was probably put in the easily place they could access

94112092e44af0e4698f28588c00a9e6.jpg

least its a stnd backplate you could if you want change it to a digital one

does it require mains or does it run off battery's ?

Sorry for all the photos. Far easier than explaining.

what model dryaton is it? (new)

and not a problem

The sender will be mains using the old thermostat wiring hopefully the receiver is batteries.

The new one is a celect controller. Never heard of the make before mind.

Any thoughts on wiring up the new one. I was thinking live to L (power) and switch live (yellow) to S1? And just tape up the neutral.

dont think its going to be better than the one you got but

red to com

yellow to nc normally but depends if open contact when no power

It's worth a shot you not think? I did get it for free after all, maybe that's why.

Can you recommend a better thermostat?

upto you

and i would go with a Honeywell DT90E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace drayton thermo with wireless in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock