Discuss Regualtions on flushing pipes after soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Hi All, had a customer complain as water had a little gunk left in it after I had been, obviously from soldering.

Just wondering what regulations state as to flushing pipes out after soldering? As I did flush pipes but obviously she wasn't happy.

You must be thicker skinned now than you were when you first began, surely? Even if only a little bit. Therefore your nature can change and it will continue to change. But you won't expedite the process by telling yourself otherwise. Most of the "old boys" on here are not fussed by troublesome customers. It's not that they don't get them - they've just met their type too many times to care.

A cold flush through is enough, you don't need to power flush system completely. All you need to get out is the filings, solder and flux.

You did the right thing not connecting the immersion yourself if you had she would have a hold over you as you are not a electrician.
Don't no why you offer a two year guarantee on works, that's just asking for trouble.
what work did you carry out?
I some times come across customers who just don't want the original tradesman back in there houses, so can cause a problem with giving you the chance to correct a problem.

You did the right thing not connecting the immersion yourself if you had she would have a hold over you as you are not a electrician.
Don't no why you offer a two year guarantee on works, that's just asking for trouble.
what work did you carry out?
I some times come across customers who just don't want the original tradesman back in there houses, so can cause a problem with giving you the chance to correct a problem.

And I never met a plumber who would turn around and say, oooh that plumber has done a really good job.

And I never met a plumber who would turn around and say, oooh that plumber has done a really good job.

Meet me then!!

Teehee. Often when a customer complains about poor plumbing and I have a look I tell them, "It's not that bad - they've put an isolating valve here where many others wouldn't ... blah, blah" and it makes them feel much better.

I then tell them I don't like criticising others' work because often there's a reason for something being done a certain way. An ambiguous statement but it's meant to be!

I would praise anothers plumbing if it is good, but rarely see work that is decent or well thought out. I was told by a customer that a plumber asked what age that I was, when he had looked at a job I had done. When he was asked why, he said it was just that he had never seen such a neat job. I thought it was very nice of him.

As many may have guessed, not in my nature, maybe need to man up a bit and not really care as much. unfortuanatly it gives me sleepless nights and stress, I want every customer to be happy, but I don't think this is possible really.

and are you 100% sure shes got another plumber out and not just truying it on i give a 6 month gaurentee on my pipework but you carnt go longer than that cos anything can happen in 2 yrs the only blue gunk could be from flux thats gone off overnight but that should wash out shes defo trying it on and dont no why your bothering with her if it wasnt her you dealt with in the first place she aint got a leg to stand on

I always praise good work when i see it.
I fitted a combi for a mate of mine, British gas had the service contract with it, my mate rang me up after they had been to say that the bloke from BG said that the standard of work was to an "excellent standard", I didnt really take much from that likening it to being told Iam a good doctor by harold shipman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regualtions on flushing pipes after soldering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock