Currently reading:
Reducing maximum pipe length for fittings - 110mm soil pipe

Discuss Reducing maximum pipe length for fittings - 110mm soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Hi Gents,

A quick question to which I can't find the answer in any of my reference books or online - I know that for gas supply and flues, each fitting increases the nominal length of the pipe. I also know that for a single WC, the maximum pipe run in 100mm is 6m, with a 1 in 40 fall. What I would like to know is that if there is a 90 degree bend in that pipe, whether I can still run 6m, or is it shortened because of the bend.

Thanks in advance,
Masood

Sorry to jump in on your post masood, I have the same question . I have a toilet flushing into a 90 degree connector running 0.3 m to horizontal 90 straight into a vertical 90 , which drops 0.75m and travels 2m to connect with outside waste stack . I wanted to run soil pipe outside but was not allowed to as it is a listed building .
Another part of the question is would it be beneficial to have a larger slope than 1 in 40 ? I ask as outside cast iron branches run at a slope of about 20 degrees, I thought 1 in 40 was required to ensure solids were flushed away.
Thanks for any help

Thanks Simon. That confirms what I'd concluded -no set reduction in pipe length per fitting, but keep bends radius as big as possible. Appreciate you taking the time to reply and sharing the link! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reducing maximum pipe length for fittings - 110mm soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock