Search the forum,

Discuss Redring Electric Shower - Water coming from main unit in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Would be grateful for any help you can give:

Model: Redring Selectronic Premier - 2016 model
Problem: Water spewing from the bottom of the main unit instead of coming out through the hose.

I initially thought this was due to the PRV having activated but upon further investigation I can't see any obvious place for a PRV on this model. I have included some pictures below - the water is exiting the spout (see first picture, located just above the earth wire - and falling into the reservoir below but there seems to be so much that its backing up and just spewing out the sides of the main shower unit.

Can anyone help with what is causing this, and is it possible to solve with a replacement part? From what I can gather this is the correct manual:

08_100191_0 Selectronic Handbook 2019 Rev 02 page by page.cdr (redring.co.uk)

IMG_9074.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

Thanks,
Stephen

Your initial thoughts were right.
The prv is at the base of the tank on the left, just above the earth cable.
Isolate the unit water and electric, remove the prv and inspect. If it has activated then order a new one.

Don’t know that particular one but often they work by forcing out a small plastic/silicone ball - this can often be pushed back through the orifice to give you a working shower until the new one arrives.

HOWEVER: most important thing is attend to the reason that over pressure occurred, or your new prv will just operate almost immediately. ( your temporary reset won’t work either)
The most common reasons are blocked/limescale head, or kinked/herniated hose.

The PRV is circled below in red:
1609355859708.png

The PRV can be removed by using long nosed pliers on the hexagonal sides of the PRV, it is a tight fit but will come out without having to do any damage.
If you can find the small black rubber ball then it can be pushed back into the PRV and then the PRV can be refitted. If you can't find it then you need to order a replacement.
As above check the hose and handspray, that is most likely what caused the problem.
When you test the shower do not just press the start/stop button! This will cause the elements to come on without water in the heater can and may cause them to fail. Instead press and hold the cooler button for around 5 seconds and that will allow cold water to flow. Once the water is flowing stop the water by pressing start/stop and then start the shower normally.
Hope this helps.

Reply to Redring Electric Shower - Water coming from main unit in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock