Discuss Radiators with plastic pipe from behind in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asadm

Hi All,

I am DIY'er planning to lay my F&R as a 22mm copper "trunk" which will then drop down to feed individual radiators. I would like to drop down (in wall chase) with 15mm copper which present themselves behind the rads and then connect flexible plastic pipe (15 or 10mm) which attaches to the radiator valves. I've seen this configuration in new builds.

Is this possible? Specifically, will I have enough room behind the rad to connect copper to plastic? I have had a suggestion to drop down from the 22mm into 10mm plastic (i.e. not use 15mm copper at all) which goes all the way to the valves but I would prefer to come down with 15mm copper as close to the rads as possible if this is feasible.

I look forward to your advice.

Is this the plate that acts as the outlet plate? i.e. where the pipe exits the wall?

no saves increase of pitting a nail though and also acts like a locater strip

@Best, I was envisaging that the 15mm pipe that will come down the wall chase and yes, I will clip this before plasterboarding and making good, will then come out of the wall and snugly fit to the radiator valve. This will have the effect, of very little plastic pipe being on show as most of it will be behind the radiator. I wasn't planning to drop to 10mm. Am I missing something?

@ShornCobs, got it! Do you also recommend an outlet plate and if so what should I be using?

yes and not an elec back box you can get special ones for plastic pipe

Cool. Final question (promise!) Which 15mm plastic pipe do you recommend for this purpose? I've seen several different type...

Cool. Final question (promise!) Which 15mm plastic pipe do you recommend for this purpose? I've seen several different type...

not the cheapest jg, uponor, hep20

Guys, i'm struggling to locate radiator pipe outlet plates for the 15mm plastic I am planning to use. They all appear to cater for 10mm pipe. Any suggestions?

15mm Yorkshire mlcp is the answer when copper and plastic don't meet the specifications.
Very easy worked with. I pulled this stuff through the center of the studding on a loft conversion I'm doing at the moment round corners and the final corner out to the shower valve and not a single concealed joint.

Both copper and plastic just wouldn't work.

You don't have the bending radius with plastic and copper cannot be threaded. Unless its soft drawn. Mlcp is the closest you'll get to soft drawn copper.
Soft drawn copper is available yet you never hear it being mentioned by plumbers.

I'd recommend going for smallbore copper off the 22mm down to each rad (depends on what the radiator outputs are) instead of faffing around going 22/15/plastic. Some of my rads are 8mm plastic, others 8 or 10mm copper. Prefer the copper as its stronger and easier to alter/extend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators with plastic pipe from behind in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock