Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radiators too hot to touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jneil

I have a Potterton Prima F40. It was serviced a few months ago and at that time the boiler thermostat was changed as it was faulty. We have now started to use the heating but notice that the radiators get extremely hot. The room stat. shuts down the system ok when the set temperature is reached. Could it be that the replacement boiler stat. is faulty? Are there any checks I can do to verify? When we were only running the system for hot water everything was fine and there were no overheating problems.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

What temp is boiler stat on ? try setting it at lower temp and see how that go's

Thanks, I've just realised that I missed out a big piece of info ... when I noticed the rads were so hot I turned down the thermostat on the boiler from about 2.75. I did not get the click (and stop the boiler) until the setting was below 1. The upper range 'click' was about 3.25. The stat is at present set to below 1 but the rads still get pretty hot. Maybe I've answered my own question but is there anything else I should check to ensure it's only the stat at fault? Regards.

No, number 1 on boiler is Proberly around 60 C Rads will get hot to touch even with room stat turned down, temp of rads will depend on what temp boiler stat is on, Give Potterton a ring they will tell you what the numbers relate to in terms of temp,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators too hot to touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock