Discuss radiators placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it common to see radiators placed under a window, does it improve convection,is it cosmetic...?

Is it something like this

Cold air comes in then drops down behind radiator heats up then rises back up.

I stand to be corrected though as I think thats somebody told me but cant really remember.

this was common but now with double glazing don't think its necessary, but it saves space by putting it under the window also so you are not taking up part of a wall.

Drafty old windows, draft is pre heated before entering room

or

tends to be free of furniture in most rooms.

makes no diffence where in the room the rad is if its sized right it will heat the room my front room rad is hugely oversized and below the double glazed window but you still feel the cold of the window when the blinds are up

Even though double glazing pretty much stops the need to warm the draughty window area, I still advise to have rads under windows to free up wall space as mentioned above. Had a few arguments about this in my time but I still stand by it :)

i prefer rads to be in a position easiest for me lol, if im getting paid enough though i will advise to use under window space

Iwas always told by an old plumber its because its dead space and no one would put furniture under a window.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

Under window = coldest and draughtiest part of the room. Simples. Not so much of an issue with double glazing these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Any cold air (draught)that comes in through the window area is heated by the radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiators placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock