Discuss Radiators only getting luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should know how to test the pump no? If it isn't that I'd dose the system with a sludge remover first to see if that helps things along before lifting anything however it is microbore so it's bound to be a little clogged. You don't mention boiler type, is it set up correctly?

As i understand it you stick your screw driver in the silver screw bit to see if it is spinning or seized up but i know it is working somewhat as radiators do get hot individually. Just wondered if it could be slowing down. I will take a photo of boiler which is a main eco 25kw condensing combi when i get there. Maybe i will add some sludge remover today. Thanks for your thoughts.

Right never mind I've found the problem Doh!

Turns out the tap on the flow was rounded off and it wasn't fully switched on. Can't believe it was something so simple. Oh well another learning curve.

Thanks. How stupid would i have felt if i started charging for powerflushes and changed all the pipework lol!

Well done on finding fault:) You’ve got to know what questions to ask. In this case: Have the radiators ever heated up properly? In which case you can rule out pipe sizing.
When did it start to be a problem? After a plumber came and fiddled about in the airing cupboard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators only getting luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock