Discuss Radiator piping and valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wasabishot

Hey Guys!

I entered this house where installed a central heating system, which consist of 8 radiators heated by a wood stove.

the radiators have a twin entry without valves on the right side, on the bottom.
on the upper right there is a trv which i guess stop the circulation after entering the radiator.
I am going to remake all the piping with plastic due to licking in the old copper one under the floor.

my questions:

1) does it actually matter which pipe (flow/return) goes on each of the entries in the twin connection.
2) becuase the feed is so close to the floor i have no much space to fit the lockshield valve. does it matter the direction of the valve (horizontal/vertical)?
3) does anybody knows a good way to cap one of those entries? this way i could use the left nottom side drain which is unused for the return pipe and lockshield valve.

thanks in advance for any kind of help

I saw this setting in my neighbor's home.
the pipes close to the stove are all metal.
downstream it becomes ppr which flows to the radiators.

If it's a wood stove then you ain't using plastic.

I agree. A wood stove is an uncontrolled heat source. You'll create more problems than a few leaks by running plastic pipework.

And in answer to your question regarding piping the rads. Yes, it is extremely important you get the flows and returns the right way round!

come on.
I came here to get a real advice from the pros.
It is because i have the respect to those who deal with it on a daily basis.

it isn't the first time i pipe the radiators. but it is the first time i see this twin entry at the bottom.
is there anyone who will take my questions seriuosly here?

trouble is a little knowledge is dangerous and any advice based on limited knowledge of the setup could ruin someones day.

come on.
I came here to get a real advice from the pros.
It is because i have the respect to those who deal with it on a daily basis.

it isn't the first time i pipe the radiators. but it is the first time i see this twin entry at the bottom.
is there anyone who will take my questions seriuosly here?

Seriously, leave it alone and recognise your limitations.

I don't think you completely comprehend how seriously we take you!

How about listening to the advice us Pros are giving you?

we are taking what you are suggesting very seriously as already stated. the reason you were given the advice you had was because we can see the outcome of what you want to do, and don't want you to regret the consequences of your actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator piping and valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back