Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss radiator extension piece in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone know of a good make that does not leak. I know it's pretty much a diy fix but the client wants it done this way rather than a drain down. They are behind raditor covers so won't be seen.

Just the solid one piece tails are best. - The same as ordinary tails, only longer.
Myson makes them & for some reason supply a 15mm chrome nut & olive with them for to the rad valve (rad valve has nuts anyway),
Other way would be to use male 15mm straights into rad & pieces of pipe from them & into the 15mm rad valves & you could do it in chrome. Not as solid as long tails though.
I always try to match rads with identical rad, or very close size & with the longer Myson tails, but I have had a few that required chrome male sts & a few inches of chrome pipe. People tend to, as you know, put down tiles, or oak flooring or new carpets & then want a new rad to replace an ancient over long obsolete 9 foot single rad & don't want the floors disturbed. :smile:

Last edited:
The end of my rad valve is a 22mm union. So I am in need of these fixed piece extension kits

just use the chrome solid m/f socket they come in 25 and 50 mm i think or if its not going to show stack some brass tap extenders

Have you tried these, they are adjustable, used them twice,
Radiator Union Valve Tail Pack of 2 | Manual Valves | NoLinkingToThis

Have you tried these, they are adjustable, used them twice,
Radiator Union Valve Tail Pack of 2 | Manual Valves | NoLinkingToThis

These are the ones that leak easily I hear. This is what's already on there and they are leaking

They have a whole range at williams, which is where i get them from (pay me later Ray). If you have access to williams website you can see they do all types and sizes (cash is fine Ray)

They have a whole range at williams, which is where i get them from (pay me later Ray). If you have access to williams website you can see they do all types and sizes (cash is fine Ray)

I just looked in the booklet and couldn't see any.

Have you got an online account, its really hand for doing your quotes as you don't have to ring round merchants. Not sure there's enough room in the booklet

those are the one i meant as well the adjustable ones are useless as they cab still move after fitting and any strain on the pipe puts them at an angle

As the rad valves are the large flange type, I suppose you could also consider just swapping them for the 15mm tail type rad valves. Then the larger 15mm tail would be easy to cut if it needs slightly smaller.
The large flange valves could be exended by using chrome female on to the valves tail & a male st. Wouldn't look brilliant though.

Just bought some today from Williams. Comes in 10, 15, 20, 25 & 30mm lengths. You'll need a 12mm allen key to tighten it up though (or the Rothenberger Uni Spanner for the shorter extensions).

Or you can just tighten it up when you tighten the tail.

Have you got an online account, its really hand for doing your quotes as you don't have to ring round merchants. Not sure there's enough room in the booklet

Indeed - only about 1/3 of our product portfolio makes it into the book. If I make the book over 96 pages, it costs a fortune! However, the website has about 90% of the stuff we stock.

Radiator extensions here

Went to williams and co 1st thing and bought a couple of all different sizes. 40mm worked a treat. Cheers fellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator extension piece in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock