Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Radflek sheets for radiators. Opinions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UnderTheStairs

Hi,

I've ordered some Radflek sheets to hang behind the radiators in my flat. I've read mixed reviews that range from it working really well to being a waste of money. Really good reviews come from people on Amazon who've installed and used it. Lesser reviews come from forums and professionals etc.

All rads in this flat hang on un-isulated, hollow plasterboard walls. All walls vent straight into the un-insulated roof space. My thoughts are that the Radflek HAS to be better than nothing and will stop at least some heat escaping through the plasterboard and up through the open topped walls and into the loft. Radflek also appears to have been tested by the BRE and another official body (whose name I forget) who both seem to endorse it.

Any opinions or facts/evidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've never used them so will be interested to see what these guys say about them. I would however in the meantime be looking at improving insulation elsewhere in your digs. Ie roof space, draught excluders, thicker curtains as daft as it sounds. Theres loads of little things that can help.

Sorry....too much time on the pop lol, i mean draft. what a tool.

I have that problem with lots of words. Particularly the word "why". Such a simple little word, but the more I stare at it, the more I convince myself that its wrong.

Sorry - drifting off topic. Smacked wrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
waste of time youd be better to get a roll of lagging behind the walls how old is the property? it should be insulated already if its recent

waste of time youd be better to get a roll of lagging behind the walls how old is the property? it should be insulated already if its recent

It was built pre 1900 and by the looks of it has never been insulated.
All rads hang on hollow plasterboard walls that vent straight into the un-insulated loft. Not sure I'd be able to get the lagging in to position plus it's not my flat to change unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radflek sheets for radiators. Opinions please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock