Discuss Pump extension question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty32

Hi all

I am studying for my 6129 and the book I'm studying from talks about 'some manufactures have Central Heating pumps that have extensions so that you don't have to drain down'

Could anyone expalin what this means or where you can these from as I thought CH pumps had vales on either end for gate valve type or ball valve type?

Thank you in advance

Martyn

Thats what I thought as well, so, if your changing the pump (and the valves worked) you wouldn't need to drain down anyway!

There are pump extensions that you can buy that sit between the valves and the pump, if the pump is an odd size though, these come in various sizes.

tn_pe1.jpg

i suppose if you have an old type long pumpand you wanted to fit a new short one without the extender you would have to drain down to extend the pipework handy to know about but long pumps are generally a thing of the past although some one on here had one recently

i suppose if you have an old type long pumpand you wanted to fit a new short one without the extender you would have to drain down to extend the pipework handy to know about but long pumps are generally a thing of the past although some one on here had one recently

Loads of em round here. Got a couple that have been kept going with a sharp tap of a hammer. Definite drain down to change them though the valves are crustier than the pumps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump extension question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back