Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Kane 458s in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Issues with Kane 458s

Bought unit back end of April 2022.

1st. Problem sent back to Kane on 7th July. After flue sampling it would take 2 minutes to slowly drop coppm. Then hang at 4 coppm for next to 3 to 4 minute's before zeroing in fresh air. Also ratio would jump around.

Kane fitted a new CO sensor.

2nd. Problem sent back to kane on 6/12/2022. On older pre-condensing boilers I'm getting unbelievable clean ratios of.
Example given:

Ideal Mexico rs 80
Co2 7.9%
Coppm 10
Ratio 0.00001

Baxi solo 2 60pf
Co2 6.7%
Coppm 5
Ratio 0.0000

These are both fixed rate burners which I would expect ratios of between 0.0006 to 0.0030. Both are pre-condensing boilers.

I'm beginning to lose confidence with this analyser. My previous 455 I had no issues with.

Kane has had the analyser back for service now for 6 days. I phoned kane today and somebody was supposed to ring back but know one has.

Has anybody had the same issues

I'm struggling with mine too.
I've noticed a couple of readings seemed off but didn't question it.
I got it to replace prev model and assumed it would be just upgraded hardware but soon found its completely different.

Firstly there is no light and don't have control over backlight.
Pressure range is much lower, on last FGA I could test over 100mb but not now.
Can't turn on manometer without full purge.
Test results are not selectable like before so storage of results is mostly pointless.

Dropped it from about 1ft and now airpump not working.
Going to get old one serviced and get rid of 455 when fixed

Update.

Got an email from Kane on 13/12/2022 with PDF service certificate and calibration certificate saying everything passed.Also got a text that it had been posted back on 14th.

Emailed kane today 20th to find out why it hadn't arrived in post yet. Only to find out it still hadn't been posted.

Also got another email with a service pdf document with today's date 20/12/2022 saying CO sensor failed. This is strange that the service document I received on 13th said everything had passed.

So with postal strikes its been 3 weeks without an analyser.

Not happy

I'm struggling with mine too.
I've noticed a couple of readings seemed off but didn't question it.
I got it to replace prev model and assumed it would be just upgraded hardware but soon found its completely different.

Firstly there is no light and don't have control over backlight.
Pressure range is much lower, on last FGA I could test over 100mb but not now.
Can't turn on manometer without full purge.
Test results are not selectable like before so storage of results is mostly pointless.

Dropped it from about 1ft and now airpump not working.
Going to get old one serviced and get rid of 455 when fixed
Oh I'm glad you think the same, I literally rang them up last week and rhymed off the same list to them and told them the new 458 is c***

Got various issues with my new 458.

The main one being the CO2 is under reading, I recking by about 1%. Given up trusting it at the minute.

It takes forever to read to, the old 455 would instantly read within 30 seconds. This takes up to 3 minutes to level off. Same when doing pressure tests, it takes ages to give you the correct pressure reading.

Comes inside every night, into a heated garage at 21oc. Can't ask much more than that.

Was going to try and get it back to them over Christmas.

Got various issues with my new 458.

The main one being the CO2 is under reading, I recking by about 1%. Given up trusting it at the minute.

It takes forever to read to, the old 455 would instantly read within 30 seconds. This takes up to 3 minutes to level off. Same when doing pressure tests, it takes ages to give you the correct pressure reading.

Comes inside every night, into a heated garage at 21oc. Can't ask much more than that.

Was going to try and get it back to them over Christmas.
Be prepared for a long wait. So much for Kane Care.

I believe it’s Because they don’t make that unit themselves I believe it’s a USA brand

Explains it, wished i'd kept my 455. Was going to be a fortune to service as was 10 year old so was as cheap to buy a new one.

They make it like that to force you to buy new

I know it’s not in everyone’s budget, but I’ve never had an issue with Testo.

I do commercial and oil, so need reliable kit that can take a few high readings without having a heart attack.

No surprise. 458s packed up again this evening. CO2 was playing up, then it went mad showing a CO2 reading of 16% now it won't read a thing!

They replaced the CO2 sensor back in June on the calibration after me complaining about it being faulty - it had been fine up to now. Still be bringing it in every evening - whether they don't like to cold being sat in the van all day however you've got to use them somehow!

No surprise. 458s packed up again this evening. CO2 was playing up, then it went mad showing a CO2 reading of 16% now it won't read a thing!

They replaced the CO2 sensor back in June on the calibration after me complaining about it being faulty - it had been fine up to now. Still be bringing it in every evening - whether they don't like to cold being sat in the van all day however you've got to use them somehow!
Mine needs to go back for calibration by the 20th December. It still takes 5mins for Coppm to zero in fresh air. Drops to 4ppm then takes 5 mins to then go to zero. Also takes ages for Coppm reading climb to its maximum level when sampling. I think kane should offer you a heated blanket to rap it in. 😆

Reply to Problem with Kane 458s in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock