Discuss pressure test on gas line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife says sometimes she can smell gas near our hob.I cannot smell anything myself but have dragged out the built under electric oven a couple of times and soap tested the lines and joints and found nothing.Nothing has changed since we had it fitted about 3 years ago.Today I have borrowed a U tube from work and connected up on the meter and the tube lost less than 0.1iwg over 15 mins.Am I right in thinking that bit could pass through the liquid in the tube.thanks

you need to get someone who is qualified to do the test and knows how to perform a tightness test.
call a local GSR engineer.
or you could contact the national grid or whoever works your area. the number will be on the gas meter
( 0800 111999 ) if there is a noticeable drop with a reported smell of gas, it has to be sorted or capped off.

My wife says sometimes she can smell gas near our hob.I cannot smell anything myself but have dragged out the built under electric oven a couple of times and soap tested the lines and joints and found nothing.Nothing has changed since we had it fitted about 3 years ago.Today I have borrowed a U tube from work and connected up on the meter and the tube lost less than 0.1iwg over 15 mins.Am I right in thinking that bit could pass through the liquid in the tube.thanks

Sorry to sound harsh but you are gambling with your life and that of your family's , please get someone suitably qualified to check your system , please.

I think this deserves one reply (and correctly done so) and no more. Accident waiting to happen.

As stated earlier you require a GSR. I would also call the gas emergency line if I was you!

0800 111 999

3366d1311286157-gas-hob-oven-connection-kitchen-fitters-diy-gas-work-killssssss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure test on gas line in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back