Discuss Powerflush before boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

We're about to get ourselves a new boiler fitted (Worcester Greenstar 38CDi) and are aware that the system needs to be cleaned before the installation especially as our current boiler makes a lot of banging noises when heating hot water so its likely to be pretty dirty. The rads are generally heating up OK with only one having a cold bottom which we're going to replace before boiler installation anyway.

My question really is, I asked a local heating firm (BlueFlame in Bristol) to do a powerflush (as they advertise on their website). However they came round yesterday and ran the system for maybe 4 hours with powerflush chemicals and bigger magnetic filter than our magnaclean but no pump, just using the boiler to pump it round. I sent them an email last night asking for clarification and there response was "We use a magnetic filter system to flush through which uses the same chemicals. You get exactly the same results and it is kinder on the heating system." So now I don't know if I'm just being ripped off. Is this likely to be good enough for a new boiler warrantee. The only evidence I'll have from them is a receipt saying the system was flushed! They're charging £420 for 10 radiators (but not yet paid)

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks

Caroline

Just as a quick update, we have raised our concerns and the company are going to come back next week and complete the job as a full powerflush. So hopefully we'll still get our new boiler fitted next Saturday! Can't wait as we currently have NO hot water and I'm bored of cold showers!
Thanks all for your advice.
Caroline

Is the same company who are doing the power flush installing the boiler? Because if it isn't I wouldn't even entertain doing it, I wouldn't fit a boiler to a system someone else cleaned.

No it isn't, it is a friend (who is gasSafe registered and does installations as part of his day job) doing the installation. Unfortunately he doesn't have the powerflush equipment as it belongs to his employer and therefore we've needed to get someone else in to do the powerflush itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflush before boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock