Search the forum,

Discuss POWER FLUSHING.. How do you rate it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

So ive seen toms tips on youtube and he flushes a heating system using the outside tap and a couple of hoses. I also know a plumber who prefers to just take the radiators off and give them a rince through outside. i was on work experience once when i witnessed a system being powerflushed but it just wouldnt clear one rad so we ended up taking it off anyway and shaking it about to get it clear. Whats your opinion on Power Flushing?

There are a variety of methods and it's up to you to use your experience to decide which is the most appropriate for the custard. Sometimes you can't beat a hammer.

In my experience just using the machine, flowing & dumping is not enough even with good chemicals. Agitating the radiators with a rubber mallet during flushing always helps, and spending a shift in a normal 7 rad house is the norm for me anyway ...

Powerflushing is OK as long as you use the right size pump for size of house , it lets you reverse the flow througth the system, this helps dislodge dirt in system, also bang along bottom of each rad with rubber mallett. Not to good with micro-bore systems. Lots of information on Kemco web site. :hammer:

I get powerflush in to do mine, they guarantee it and I get £50.

do not Know how we managed before they brought these expensive flushing machines onto the market LOL
probably experience and chemicals was all we had

I've given up powerflushing now. I use my magnacleanse and agitate the radiators with the vibraclean. It's a lot less hassle to set up and seems to do a better job. I can also play the environment card because I'm flushing less water down the drain as well. Ideally it should be done in combination with fitting a magnaclean but even without it does a good job.

most of the chemical manufactures do them
i have had good resulsts with fernox f3 and f5
but i have had just as good results with BES own brand cura cleanse
you can leave this in the system for ten days or so
i like to fit a magnaclean or a fernox tf after a chemical clean they do a good job and if you can train custard to use it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to POWER FLUSHING.. How do you rate it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock