Search the forum,

Discuss potterton prima 40f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to this boiler to day and the last 3" of the inner flue have corroded. i have ordered the inner flue kit. potterton seem to think this will slide over the old inner flue . i noticed part way down the flue is a 4mm steel rod which goes through both inner and outer flue sections i am hoping the new inner slides over the old inner as to replace the whole flue is a boiler off the wall job. i was going to cut this rod if need be top and bottom and pull the inner part out and fit the new inner all the way to the fan spigot .this rod just being there to hold inner and outer together i assume .i am ordering the inner flue from a online merchant as its half the price of pottertons.potterton.anyone done a flue on one of these.

ant

No,you have to remove the inner flue,you leave the outer flue section

Thats all I will say on the open forums,as this is defiantly a job for a gsr operative

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
No,you have to remove the inner flue,you leave the outer flue section

Thats all I will say on the open forums,as this is defiantly a job for a gsr operative

imho

is it ok to remove the rod part and fit the new inner all the way to the fan spigot.

ant

just spoke to potterton tech and was suprised at the proper repair method ?

ant

been to this boiler to day and the last 3" of the inner flue have corroded. i have ordered the inner flue kit. potterton seem to think this will slide over the old inner flue . i noticed part way down the flue is a 4mm steel rod which goes through both inner and outer flue sections i am hoping the new inner slides over the old inner as to replace the whole flue is a boiler off the wall job. i was going to cut this rod if need be top and bottom and pull the inner part out and fit the new inner all the way to the fan spigot .this rod just being there to hold inner and outer together i assume .i am ordering the inner flue from a online merchant as its half the price of pottertons.potterton.anyone done a flue on one of these.

ant

As said instructions in box..Takes about 30 mins to do and is a doodle, Belive me , done loads...The new inner flue (cut to your required length) slips over the damaged inner flue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton prima 40f in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have an issue with my potterton prima boiler and would love some help. It works fine when either CH or HW are on but when they are...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all. So I have just moved into a new house with a Potterton boiler in it. Great big thing!! lol. I want to fit a Hive to it but it obviously...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock