Search the forum,

Discuss potterton combi HE blocked heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
From a previous thread "Potterton combi HE". Finally got it done today. Removed the heat exchanger. Flushed, Cleaned waterways, fins, spark, sensing electrodes, check gaps . Hoovered out dust and flys in casing,cleaned, replaced door seals re-fit. Added inhibitor
Carry out tightness test.
Running silently smooth. IMG_20151219_143046.jpgIMG_20151219_154032.jpgIMG_20151219_154023.jpg IMG_20151219_154028.jpg

good man, hope you didnt do it inside :D much muck come out?

Just thought I'd tell the world what a lovely bunch of you all are at the UKPF..

Loads of it in h/e. And weren't too bad to get finished either.

good man, hope you didnt do it inside :D much muck come out?
Thanks Shaun, Hadn't been looked at. Been on the shelf for 3 years. Was topping up on monthly then weekly basis for almost a year. Heat ex started making a banging noise when running and "like kettling " . Then would go from 25-99-Lock-out. Leave it for 10 minutes and started to do the same cycle. Had a few problems with getting the bust door seal and CG number . He was without hot water and heating for a Whole week... Boiling kettle and fan heater.

Thanks Shaun, Hadn't been looked at. Been on the shelf for 3 years. Was topping up on monthly then weekly basis for almost a year. Heat ex started making a banging noise when running and "like kettling " . Then would go from 25-99-Lock-out. Leave it for 10 minutes and started to do the same cycle. Had a few problems with getting the bust door seal and CG number . He was without hot water and heating for a Whole week... Boiling kettle and fan heater.

least we havent got snow on the ground and been pritty mild so far

least we havent got snow on the ground and been pritty mild so far
No no please please please please.. don't talk about the snow.. lolz I'm looking forward to greeting new year mate . spring.. sunshine.

Brilliant weather so far brilliant . Fingers and toes crossed the sun stays out

it is but its too warm atm

Watching..match of the Day.. brb Leicester Egerton

Yes but at least it's not BRReeezing.. it will get here in time.. and I'm hoping not for long.

tbh i like the winter/ cold weather as you can work better in it

tbh i like the winter/ cold weather as you can work better in it
Definitely! Agree..
Makes a lot more sense definitely a lot more sense.
Diagnosis central heating, hot water, analysis, components. Controls. Everything.

Last edited:
Definitely! Agree..
Makes a lot more sense definitely a lot more sense.

you can grantee you will work in lofts/plant rooms in summer where its reaching 35-50 dc and in winter you get none

Lolz meant diagnostics.. my BlackBerry it's cack. Spells and sends different ways.
How's things going with you. How's weather there. Hotter and milder than ere!

Lolz meant diagnostics.. my BlackBerry it's cack. Spells and sends different ways.
How's things going with you. How's weather there. Hotter and milder than ere!

busy and busy, and well put it this way was 14 dc at 7.30 on fri

What did you use to clean out the hex? We've got one with suspected blockage, not as bad as yours. Got cleaner in it atm

Amazed 13deg here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton combi HE blocked heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock