Discuss Plumbing Apprenticeship Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmacd85

Hi there!

I've recently completed my city and guilds level two in plumbing with OLCI.

I know that these courses don't provide a lot of hands on experience so was willing to do an a apprenticeship to gain the knowledge. Unfortunately I was turned down for the plumbing apprenticeship but was offered one for Site Engineer. I suppose you should know I was turned down because I'm a graduate (I studied Hospitality Management but in the last two years have had a change of heart about my career choice) and now at 27 I am a little unsure about doing a different apprenticeship to the one I wanted and wasting theirs and mine time.

My next thought is to start phoning around plumbing companies to get some work experience and forget about Apprenticeships, but any help/thoughts/advice from wiser ones would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Colin

Hi Colin,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are thinking about looking for some work experience with a plumbing company. You can contact our job placement advisor who may be able to assist you. Although we cannot guarantee work, we will do what we can to help you.

For more information, please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Apprenticeship Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back