Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber needed to do leak detection in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in first floor flat. Flat below has a leak from ceiling. One plumber has fixed leaking trap beneath shower. Other plumber re-silconed shower trray. Leak persists. Plumber checked toilet cistern and bathroom. How can i find a plumber to do water pressure test on all my water sources to find the leak? No water being used for a week; flat below angry. Any advice really appreciated. Southampton area.

Does the leak happen all the time? I do not think. Downstair's flat said it happened after a flush - indication of waste pipe.
Is it from rain? - I do not think so because it has rained once in last 14 days and the leak has stopped and started several times since.
The leak started Thursday 15 September.
If the leak is from my waste pipe will a plumber need to remove all floorboards, replace waste pipe or is there any other work that needs to be done?
Thanks

I

What is your hot water system?

Reason i ask is that i have come across this in a flat where a fortic tank was not shutting off and the overflow had been routed under the floorboards.

This produces your intermittent symptons, with most leaks occurring in the mornings as no water has been run off to drop the level in the tank.

Reply to Plumber needed to do leak detection in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock