Discuss Pipe noise near stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gselliott

Hi, each time a tap is turned on or toilet flushed anywhere in the house I can hear a continuous noise in the pipes but I can only hear this noise when I'm in the downstairs cloakroom where the stopcock is located. The noise sounds like a very fast tapping not really a banging noise though, could this possibly be from a water meter? The water meter is about 5 or 6 meters away from the front of the house. The stopcock has been replaced but made no difference.

Cheers

Fill a bucket/bowl from your fastest tap .
a) estimate how long/ Guestimate flow rate ?
b) Was this activity any noisier in cloak room ?
( than normal toilet flush )
c) Does this only happen the once if
more water is run off in a minute or two,
or each time more water is drawn off ?

Hi thanks for the reply, I tried it from the kitchen tap and the cloakroom tap, it was slightly quicker to fill in the kitchen but there wasn't any difference in noise. This noise happens each time water is drawn off, one thing I did notice is that the noise seems to be slower if the hot tap is turned on rather than the cold not sure what that means though?

Thanks

Could be a loose jumper on the stop tap

Or water hammer

Does it sound like pipes banging / a thud

It sounds more like a tapping than a banging but it's really fast.

Do you have a combi boiler or a cylinder ?

Does the noise happen on the hot water as well?

Could be a loose jumper on the stop tap

Is your stop tap fully open ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe noise near stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock