Discuss P shape bath panel?? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Out of curiosity folks.

What are some solutions to fitting these panels when the floor is way out? Obviously if it’s all level there’s no issue but other than getting a chippy in 😳, what’s best?

Cheers

Set the bath at the appropriate height, which will be less than the height of the panel, then scribe the bottom of the panel to the floor.

As long as you can get a run on the waste.
I wouldn’t use a jigsaw as vibrations can crack the panel. I use a fine tooth handsaw for plastics, it’s only 14” long and I think 16 tpi- then dress with file if necessary.
Some of the very strong caronite/ fibreglass ones I cut with a 4” grinder - practice so you don’t melt it!

As long as you can get a run on the waste.
I wouldn’t use a jigsaw as vibrations can crack the panel. I use a fine tooth handsaw for plastics, it’s only 14” long and I think 16 tpi- then dress with file if necessary.
Some of the very strong caronite/ fibreglass ones I cut with a 4” grinder - practice so you don’t melt it!
I wouldn’t normally touch Victorian Plumbing stuff but a mate had asked for a shove and typically it was cheap tat. You can practically see through there baths and panels. It’s awful stuff

If it’s VP definitely don’t use a jigsaw - unless you clamp it to hardboard/ply etc, it’ll shatter.
Use hand tools and it’ll be fine.

Reply to P shape bath panel?? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks Do you guys fit your own timber panels or get a chippy in? A lad I know has fitted one of the mdf panels with the 100mm skirting trim...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
Back