Discuss Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plumber assures me he fitted the bypass screw and we did have the bolier running from a temp tank.

tank valve is turned off.
tank top ones work a bit different, try blowing down the pip, if you cant, valve is off.
Bu with it going up 2m and along 34m you will need to following the priming instructions in the boiler manual to get it to the tigerloop, or manually suck it to there first, but bare in mind it may nearly be there and if you let air in the end the oil will very quickly return to the tank.
Turn tank on and use vacuum pump to prime, then job done.
But check the bypass screw is in and the tigerloop is actually filling up when you attach 25l container to feed, if it does collect oil in the tigerloop then it isnt creating a vacuum to pull the oil.

Been looking around and long lengths of 6mm pipe is hard to find.

anybody know where I can get any?

Your 10mm qual will be fine. Follow Marks advice above.

out of interest Tamz, why do oftec say otherwise? I know the world never bothers but have had issues and resolved them by following pipe sizing guide in the past

What works in practice is often different to the theory.
Qual pipe has an id of 6.8mm. A baw hair bigger than 8mm copper.

never used qual pipe :), only ever used copper, dont trust plastic stuff

Mark,

just to check, we put the feed pipe to the tiger loop in the 25l container. Boiler then ran for a couple of hours, so presume that proves the tiger loop works?

We are using a wet vac to pull the oil though, but when we stop to connect the pipes back up the oil runs back. Only ever seem to pull oil to the end of the qual pipe, sucking after the fire value and filter doesn't see to work.

don't suppose you fancy a trip to Dunmow?

Jez.

It will have oil in the clear bowl when it is working correctly.
Is the firevalve open? button pushed in or pulled out depending on which one you have,
When you pull it through and have oil coming through with the vac, shut the tank valve, turn vac off, then connect all pipes tight, open tank valve and fire boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Pipe Run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock