Currently reading:
oil combi boiler giving central heating but not hot water

Discuss oil combi boiler giving central heating but not hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markmonty

hi there i would be greatful if anyone can assisst mee, i have oil combi boiler which is giving central heating but no hot water,any suggestions as toi what to try first not to sure what to do with oil boilers as i do not have much experience working with them

sorry im not to sure as iv not seen boiler yet ,i was thinking mabye a diverter valve but i dont know much about oil boilers,its for a family friend or i wouldnt touch the boiler

If it is a warmflow they work on a two pump system with non return valves in each exit port, if you are really unlucky they will have flexible hoses from the heat exchanger, these give problems and quite frequently block or collapse internally therefore not circulating the water through the heat exchange for hot water.

i have now seen the warmflow combi 70/90 , the both pumps are turning, heating works perfectly, however no hot water gets past the mixer valve above heat exchanger(i think the proper name for it is blending valve, when hot tap is turnrd on boiler fires up and heat exchanger gets warm upto but not past the mixer valve, the large red drum on the front of boiler which i think you call the expansion vessel is full of water is this normal or not, someone please help lol

is that the flexy which comes from heat exchanger, i think theres a 22mm one there somewhere, when i screwd the air valve cap off expansion vessell i got dirty black water is this normal . the drum seems heavy and full of water kimbo, thanks for the help i am hopeless when it comes to oil heating

If, when you press the schrader valve on the expansion vessel, water keeps coming out, then vessel needs replaced. If not, then it may be okay if air charge is done using an air pump. This should have been part of a yearly service. Tell your friend to get an oil guy experienced in the boiler to give it a full repair & service.

i think thats what il do ,the expansion vessell is definately full of water,when i srewd cap off it was dirty water that came out valve, i think the diaphgram is done, excuse my poor spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil combi boiler giving central heating but not hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back