Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Boiler to Heat source pump advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jetco

Hello ladies and gents,

Im after a slightly more in depth understanding of this conversion, I am starting a new contract next week for a company , and will be placed with an experienced worker of theirs for my first week to help me get to grips with the works required.

The jobs are as follows : (this is basically all they have told me to date!)

- Remove the old oil boiler ( this is already disconnected from the gas supply )

- Install a heat source pump , simple low and return, with a condensating pipe

- Renew all radiators throughout the property

Right that is all fine and I am familiar with the works to be undertaken to an extent, what I am struggling to figure out is the implementation of a "Y" plan system.
From what I understand , this is a run as follows;

- Mains water supply ( whether this is directly from the mains or via a Cold water storage tank ) into the Heat source pump ...

- I would then connect the pipework for the feed to the heat source pump , into the cylinder cupboard , into a 3 port valve

- Off this I would then connect one side to the the cylinder, the other side to the central heating feed pipework.

- Then from the cylinder return, back to the heat source pump, connecting into the return from the central heating as well.

If anyone has experience with heat source pumps and implementing it into a "y"plan , please advise and correct me , so I do not look like a complete idiot next week, heres a picture of what I have gathered so far , again correct me if I am wrong

Untitled.jpg

And please, I do not need "veteran" plumbers telling me I am thick , and if i do not know i should not attempt , yes I have only been plumbing for 4 years , I do hold a 6189 qualification, and yes I do have other contracts , albeit industrial kitchens, and private work , not had much experience on central heating systems.

Thanks in advance

Jetco

a yplan is usually just on your heating circuit wether it be boiler, heatpump whatever. not sure on heatpumps so dont get why theres cold mains involved.. try and pm some renewable guys. sorry not much help really..

ashp and gshp only work properly when operating on lower temp circuits than used by rads hence why its normal to use them with ufh so i presume you are oversizing all the rads in the house to make up for the first problem the new owners going to come across, re mains water I presume thats to fill the heating circuit and cyl other wise i cant see any need for a connection into an ashp. re y plan just treat the ashp as a heat producer as in any normal set up. if your unsure revert back to your textbooks from your 6189

Thanks for the quick replies, yes the rads are all being oversised and thanks for the info regarding the water feed , i just though maybe being a ashp there might be a different setup but if its the same as a general thats brill ... Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Boiler to Heat source pump advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock