Discuss Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact Law includes a duty of care, and also a duty to warn, " Lindenberg - Canning 1992".
Negligence in this case is less clear if neither party was aware of the stramit.

Wow Ray, a legal calling has been missed

Sales reps know every trick in the book lol

More knowlege than a barrister.
More tricks than a used car salesman.
And when things get nasty 'get to the chopper'

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Law includes a duty of care, and also a duty to warn, " Lindenberg - Canning 1992".
Negligence in this case is less clear if neither party was aware of the stramit.

Useful case, thanks joni os

I don't think if photographic evidence of the work together with evidence of repeat attempts of repairs plus all contact letters and lack of response from the installer was all put in front of a small claims court county judge, there would be any chance of having to pay the installer.
Judge would only rule the materials that are useable should be paid for.
All labour completed must be paid for by law, but not if workmanship very shoddy.
I wouldn't worry in the slightest if I was the OP. Just be careful to gather evidence and show in all correspondence that you are trying your best to be fair and reasonable and resolve it.
You don't need a solicitor if you are a sensible person and behave in a decent way, but you could stay with free advice or small fee from solicitors where you can get it.
I should add that it would be advisable to have expert witnesses if it goes to court, - qualified plumber, tiler, builder, etc. Really shoddy looking work will be obvious to a judge, but some alleged bad workmanship may not be accepted by the customers word only, unless a person qualified in that job can give expert opinion of what exactly is wrong.

Last edited:
I don't have time to read all this again but I think the plumber has just written off the money you owe him, from his point of view he's probably happy to get you off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paying for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock