Search the forum,

Discuss not enough flush power? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps,

Apologies if going over old ground but this is one I get from time to time - usually an OAP who says the flush is not working properly. On digging a little deeper it turns out the flush valve is working OK but occasionally does not wash everything away. What do you guys do in this situation? Replace the siphon I suppose or see if larger volume of flush can be set on the existing one….other than that I don't know.

many thanks

dave

Its been getting steadily worse as more and more 9 litre flush cisterns have been replaced with ever-descending water volume cisterns.

Usually just adjust the fill valve to increase the volume of water & keep fingers crossed it helps a little. Also can block the lower open hole in the syphon (if it has one) so to make the flush take more water out of cistern.
Both these methods are against regs, but what else can you do?

On some of the toilets, the flush can never work well as the china is designed badly & they need a new loo.

I had an old dear with the poor flush syndrome last year. I incresed water volume and put in a new syphon all to no effect. Then I whipped out the pan and checked for blockages, clean as a whistle (well, you know what I mean). I finished up replacing the pan.

Out of interest I smashed the old pan to see if there was anything stuck in the bend only to find that the flush jet holes were half bunged up with solid limestone.

One very happy customer eventually, but it cost me in time as I couldn't charge for the new syphon or the time it took to replace or the time I spent scratching my head and posting on here.

If I had asked more questions of the customer it might have helped as it turned out that that she had spent quite a lot of time over the previous 2 years in a nursing home so the loo had hardly been used.

There was someone on here a while ago that improved the flush by making the jet holes wider in the pan using 365 drills toolkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to not enough flush power? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock