Search the forum,

Discuss no zone valves just a TRV ! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gravytrain

hi
i went to a property yesterday, as part of my inspection i discovered that the heating system had no zone valves or 3 port valve just a TRV in the flow to the hot water cylinder which was connected by a wire to a metal sensor on the hot water cylinder.

there was also no controls for the boiler/heating/hot water just on and off !

customer had to turn off all the rads in the summer in order to have hot water.

anyone seen something like this before.

thanks

seen it before, get it a lot on older propertys with no controls trv senses the temperture at hot water cylinder and then closes down, very bad design and doesnt really dont anythings.

hi
i went to a property yesterday, as part of my inspection i discovered that the heating system had no zone valves or 3 port valve just a TRV in the flow to the hot water cylinder which was connected by a wire to a metal sensor on the hot water cylinder.

there was also no controls for the boiler/heating/hot water just on and off !

customer had to turn off all the rads in the summer in order to have hot water.

anyone seen something like this before.

Yes welcome to 1979.
Edit... "Cytrol" valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post 'SimonG' .*S*
gravytrain, old fashioned way of controlling the hot water temp! they either shut of the flow and reiighed on the boiler stat keep an eyte on the boiler temp, or they diverted the circulation to bi-pass the cylinder! Nothing to worry about unless conected to something modern!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, its not one of those. looks like a drayton trv. hardwired to a metal sensor clamped onto the HWC

Aye the one in the thread is slightly different to the ones I've seen. Look like 2 port valve with trv head. Last one I saw converted to S plan, they where running hot water continuously for half a cylinder of hot water. Now complain waters too hot!

1979+++27 year old and the world at my feet
2011++++59 year old and the world around my waist!

as said by others and bcg its a cyltrol valve,no they dont work very well but they were a step up in controls ,well outdated, highly unlikely to work but nothing inheritinaly dangerous about it ,just advise your set ups "poieerneering"but just like one pipe systems installers soon realized they dont work,then quote for conversion to y or s plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no zone valves just a TRV ! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock