Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No water from hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Knight

Hi all, was called out yesterday morning to a house where no water was coming out of the hot taps, kitchen sink, and upstairs bath and basin, I tried to blast out any air locks by connecting cold mains to hot supply under sink via w/machine valves but couldn't get it working, it did however start to fill the cwsc up in the loft.

Im guessing there's got to be a blockage somewhere, any ideas on best place to start?

Cheers

Just to add, we recently changed cylinder about 3 months ago

Thanks for quick reply buddy, I will definitely try this first :)

If it's been ok for three months and the header tank has not drained out then
unlikely to be air locked.

A strong suspect would be blockage caused by lumps of insulation getting into
the cylinder when plumber not being too careful when trimming to fit the immersion
heater. This can often take months to show up.

Yeah I did consider this, the bloke I work with is pretty careful though so not 100% sure it's that

Yeah the valves are pretty old on the system, If Hoover trick doesn't work il start there I guess

Could very likely be gate valve. Hate these, i always install FB lever valves now.

What would cause the gate valve to block if it hasn't been touched? Scale?

airlock in cold feed maby? had this before, was there for hours trying to look for a blockage as i had tried to blast & wet vac it ect, so in end i disconnected gate valve and opened it to make sure water was flowing thru it and it worked!

Thanks for all the responses lads, at least I've got a few things to try in the morning instead of getting there and bursting into tears when I'm not getting anywhere lol

Always worth a quick look at the pipework in the Loft, sometimes it's quite obvious where the airlock is.

Not the greatest idea but you can put a bypass between mains and cold feed and valve the tank off to blast it from the feed side of the cylinder with hot taps open

But

only do that if you have someone with you

uruzapug.jpg

redunuqa.jpg

8ypuzagu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water from hot taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock