Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No water flow (I think my Grundfos Alpha2L is not working) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdad

Please can someone help. My system is 3 years old and has failed.

I suspect the pump It's the new fangled type with a posh microprocessor fitted in the head

of a water pump (how stupid is that) . I thought the rotor must be stuck so I removed the 4 alan screws

and took the motor from it's pipework (the rotor was easy to turn by hand)

when power was applied the rotor turned for a second but stopped. It would not run continuously I tried to help it

using my fingers but it was not having any. do you think the pump is faulty ??? ( electronics and water pumps dont mix)

fault code fd ideal logic 18;;;;;Grundfos Alpha2L 15-60-130

any ideas ?
thank's,

What setting was the pump on?
If on autosensing multivariable intelligent energy saving tree huggers mode it probably shut off with no water flow. (not actually tried it, just suspect it may)

It would need to be on fixed 1..11..or 111 speed to test out of it's housing.

What setting was the pump on?
If on autosensing multivariable intelligent energy saving tree huggers mode it probably shut off with no water flow. (not actually tried it, just suspect it may)

It would need to be on fixed 1..11..or 111 speed to test out of it's housing.

I tried it on all the settings, It would not run . The last Grundfos pump I had ran for 32 years with no problems .

What's the fault code (if any) shown on the face of the pump?

Please can someone help. My system is 3 years old and has failed.
I suspect the pump It's the new fangled type with a posh microprocessor fitted in the head
of a water pump (how stupid is that) . I thought the rotor must be stuck so I removed the 4 alan screws
and took the motor from it's pipework (the rotor was easy to turn by hand)
when power was applied the rotor turned for a second but stopped. It would not run continuously I tried to help it
using my fingers but it was not having any. do you think the pump is faulty ??? ( electronics and water pumps dont mix)
fault code fd ideal logic 18;;;;;Grundfos Alpha2L 15-60-130

any ideas ?
thank's,

Thank's for your time fyi

I have ordered a new pump from EBAY my house is freezing .:stooge_moe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water flow (I think my Grundfos Alpha2L is not working) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock