Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No hot water unless the heating is on?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunty2k10

I've been working on a vaillant turbo max, I changed the inbuilt time switch because they could only put the heating on manually, I waiting and made sure it was coming on with the new switch as it wasn't before, customer has now rang and said she can't get any hot water with out the heating being on aswell, I'm baffled!

Ate you GSR

Have you been doing fault finding long?

what switches the hot water on on this model diaphram flow switch or hall effect? id look at those first

Last edited:
You would really need to go look to be honest as could be a number of things. Relay stuck on the board? Gas valve not modulating to max, flow switch etc etc

You sure the hot waters getting hot and not Luke warm? Could be that the hot waters not working at all but gets heat transfer to make it Luke warm when the heatings on. Just because the tenant says its working when the heatings on doesn't mean it is.

I can never remember Vaillant models, but is the Turbomax the old one with the tall brass diverter valve behind the pump on the right hand side? If so you need to check the lever is operating the microswitch on the right hand side of the diverter.

If it isn't making contact with the switch, you need to order a diverter valve repair kit as the diaphragm is most likely perished.

If it is making contact, does the hot water demand LED light up on the control panel? If not, the microswitch may be knackered or the PCB.

If it does light up, does the boiler fire? If it doesn't, possibly a board fault. If it does fire, may be looking at a few different things.

If it is a newer Vaillant, they use an "Aqua Sensor" and a motorised diverter valve instead of a hydraulic set up, so you need to establish whether the boiler is recognising a demand or not, if it is then check whether the diverter is operating correctly or not.

On a simpler note, as Zeebeedee said, check whether they have no hot water at all or just warm water, the newer models have a pre heat function on the DHW, which may have been turned off when you fitted the timer, with this turned on, it gives hot water for about 10-15 seconds, it may have been turned on before hand and masking an existing fault with the DHW. To enable it, turn the hot water stat all the way down and then back to the desired temperature, an LED or a tap symbol should appear to confirm pre heat is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water unless the heating is on?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock