Discuss No central heating...new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Keep telling People to reed the boiler instructions when job is started first thing it says in instructions is do electric safety checks resistance to earth so on and so forth when you do a full install or a new boiler or change over Anyways first engineer could have checked components on boiler like pump so on and so forth to find if there was a fault in boiler and if a 12 way wireing junction box this made it all the better for me it just shows what type of engineers are out there all to do with guess work this goes on here in Ireland but I taught we were pass all this in UK just shows how wrong I was Hope you get boiler sorted

Keep telling People to reed the boiler instructions when job is started first thing it says in instructions is do electric safety checks resistance to earth so on and so forth when you do a full install or a new boiler or change over Anyways first engineer could have checked components on boiler like pump so on and so forth to find if there was a fault in boiler and if a 12 way wireing junction box this made it all the better for me it just shows what type of engineers are out there all to do with guess work this goes on here in Ireland but I taught we were pass all this in UK just shows how wrong I was Hope you get boiler sorted
Well come home and it hasn't tripped out so it MAY well be sorted. I still plan to change the system to a combi anyways in the near future!. Liking the look of nest also.

Stay away from combi boilers stick to the old method x or y plan for me on a combi if you have water pressure issues ie hard water area this is a no no with all boilers heat exchangers kettle up than you have issues filter on return all inhibitors added and a power flush jobs a good one

Stay away from combi boilers stick to the old method x or y plan for me on a combi if you have water pressure issues ie hard water area this is a no no with all boilers heat exchangers kettle up than you have issues filter on return all inhibitors added and a power flush jobs a good one
It is a hard water area for sure, I've been told of something called a magnaflow or magnatec which filters out all the crud?

It is a hard water area for sure, I've been told of something called a magnaflow or magnatec which filters out all the crud?

I think you're thinking of the Magnaclean? Its a magnet based filter that filters out the magnatite (magnetic sludge from corrosion of CH system). They're useful but they won't help you with hardwater problems i.e. limescale, for that you want something like the combimate.

I think you're thinking of the Magnaclean? Its a magnet based filter that filters out the magnatite (magnetic sludge from corrosion of CH system). They're useful but they won't help you with hardwater problems i.e. limescale, for that you want something like the combimate.
Yep limescale is quite bad around here. Well boiler hasn't tripped out yet, so fingers crossed it's problem solved!. All I need to do now is try and bleed the towel rad, it hasn't got the typical bleed valve, just some flat screw on both sides which was impossible to turn!. Any suggestions?

Reply to No central heating...new boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock