Discuss Newbie DIY-er in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MozzaG

Hi all. :D Found this brilliant site this morning and it's already helped me. Thank you for that. I live in an old house that is in need of some TLC. It's been neglected over the past year or so while hubby battled a serious illness and now everything is going wrong - no hot water, pipe connections to the bath are leaking some where and the list goes on.:( Anyhoo, the upshot is I've caught the DIY bug and want to do as much as I can myself. What have I let myself in for?:eek:

Plumbing can be simple or a nightmare,it still makes me scratch my head after 25yrs.
Do the easy stuff yourself,a good diy plumbing book can help. But for your hot water problem call out a plumber,it could be the boiler,hot water cylinder or all manner of things.
Let the plumber look at your whole system and he might be happy to give you advice on the easy jobs you can tackle yourself.
Good luck.

Hello Mozza G and welcome when you have a question just run it past us here at the forums and if you can attach some pictures it may make it easier for us to help good luck:)regards turnpin

welcome to the forums mozza g look forward to your challenges LOL

Welcome along and try not to get stuck into something that you can't do! Beat advice as already said is leave all hot water probs to engineer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newbie DIY-er in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock