Discuss New system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Just moved into a new home after a year of waiting and it mean I need a nice shiny heating system :punk:

What are the opinions on the best system boilers about? Im thinking of putting in an unvented cylinder with a solar coil for future use, and hopefully some wet underfloor heating. Im hopefully going to be here for a long while so want something that might last.

Cheers

Martin

Honestly I'm starting to really get into viessmann at the minute (wait for the stick I'll get)

So are you in walderslade still or completely moved area?

Moved to Barming, so not too far away really. The place is a bit of a wreck so I have the option to try or do anything really which is nice.

I had to set up the electrics viessmann system boiler for someone in Lordswood, original installer had buggered off without getting it working. Seemed like a good bit of kit.

Might seem a daft question but is there any reason why you couldn't use an underfloor heating manifold to set up a multi zone heating system using radiators?

Might seem a daft question but is there any reason why you couldn't use an underfloor heating manifold to set up a multi zone heating system using radiators?

Pipe size connections are 16mm and temperature draw through the blending valve will kill it better of making your own manifold

What are you optimising for Martin? Performance, price, reliability, ease of install, length of warranty?

We have deal on with a[DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/latest-offers/baxi-maineco-system-24.html"] free unvented cylinder with a Baxi system boiler[/DLMURL]. We could probably upgrade the deal to a twin coil for the price difference between a standard and twin coil unit.

That would be an amazingly good price, but I would be lying if I claimed it was the technically best solution available. Probably best £ for £, but not in absolute terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ray,

My key requirements are performance and reliability. Although cost is a consideration, I have a few jobs coming up that I can afford to lose some parts on ;-). I don't care so much about ease of install as I am looking forward to doing it.

I did see your post about that deal a while ago, but Im not too sure about a Baxi.

I did see your post about that deal a while ago, but Im not too sure about a Baxi.

If it was my house, I would probably use a Vogue system boiler. I'm not sure about the unvented cylinder though - I am not persuaded that they extra money you spend on premium brands give enough benefit for your cash. A twin coil 250 litre megaflo is over £1200 + vat against an RM at less than half that.

I agree Ray, a cylinder is a cylinder really. Ive fitted a few RM ones and had no issues. Do you have any deal on cylinders alone?

Do you have any deal on cylinders alone?

Twin coil 250 litre £595+ VAT, available from stock at our central warehouse for next business day delivery. A few branches carry them, but not many - not the commonest sale in the world!

If you are GSR, see the back page of the Gas Engineer mag when it arrives later this week - its our advert for all the non-standard RM cylinders, like twin coils, slimlines, fatmax and horizontal. All available off the shelf.

I agree Ray, a cylinder is a cylinder really. Ive fitted a few RM ones and had no issues. Do you have any deal on cylinders alone?

Same with boilers at the end of the day, might as well get a half decent boiler, install and service it correctly and you,shouldnt have any problems, and 5-10 years later bang a new one in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New system boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back