Discuss New oil combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

finnvanb

Hi

I have just bought a property and am looking at installing an external oil combi boiler and require advice.

I have a semi detached bungalow and will be looking to convert attic in the future. Space is tight and I would prefer not to have any tanks in the attic space to maximise space for conversion, hence the combi boiler.

Property: Living room 4.8m x 3.5m
Kitchen 4m x 2.5m
Bed 1 4.2m x 3.2m
Bed 2 3.5m x 3m
Bathroom 2.5m x 1.75m
Hall 4.8m x 1.5m

Potentially 2 further bedrooms and small shower room in attic. Property has cavity wall insulation and double glazing throughout.

What size boiler should I be looking at and what are the best brands currently.

Cheers

Finn

get a qualified plumber to come and quote for the work, they can then survey the place account for floor, wall and roof types etc and window sizes and types and give a definative answer. Or just go for the best HW flow based on output and the heating side will be fine.

And avoid all oil combi boilers completely. There is not a good oil Combi. They all are expensive to buy & expensive to keep fixing & they give trouble constantly. Over complicated badly engineered boilers that you depend on for hot water. They are so bad, I am thinking of refusing to work on any of them.
Consider getting a non Combi with a unvented stainless steel cylinder. It might be worth putting both in a small purpose built extension at end of your bungalow perhaps.
If you do still insist on a Combi oil boiler, avoid Warmflow, trust me! Take a look on problems with Combi oil boilers on Internet.

Last edited:
they only fail if they are installed badly and never serviced, done properly they are the same as any gas combi :)

If you are looking at extending then boiler plus unvented. But you need somebody round to check everything out.

they only fail if they are installed badly and never serviced, done properly they are the same as any gas combi :)

Seem a lot less reliable than gas combis from what I see. I fitted a Warmflow Combi that the owner/builder bloke insisted on & it has so far been a disaster IMO. Leaks from the factory parts.
I fitted it well & serviced it nicely. Had to go back a few months after I serviced it so I could again service it for new tenants coming in. Shocked me to find AAVs leaking.

I didnt say that warmflow word, you deserve everything you got for working with the devil!!!

Not had a problem with a Warmflow yet. Two downers for me though, the plastic flue and the low pressure switch that needs to be re pressured to one and a half bar to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New oil combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock