Search the forum,

Discuss New Message for Newbies, and another for those with 50+ posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've set a notice up for newbies that's global. (In all forums and pages). Telling them to report posts they found unhelpful or insulting. We will get a few doing it when they are actually a *****. But some will come through where they're right, a regular has made the forum off-putting for them. So those need looking on an individual basis.

I don't mind you messaging the person who has been reported and say that Dan has said yada yada yada - Rather than it coming from you sort of thing. If you want to leave it to me, assign the owner of the report to as me and leave it. I'll then be able to see how many you've assigned to me when I login each day. Don't close the reports off if they're mine then.

I know nobody should touch Gas pipes. And nobody should touch boilers. But everything else on the system can be maintained by the homeowner. It's their property. Their radiators. Their pumps on the system. It's totally upto them.

And then from general plumbing, taps and baths and whatnot, that's free reign. If it's a problem with the industry standards that is wrong, in letting people do that, then that's not something we can fix at forum level.

Sure I have put that pdf on here before. But looked for it earlier and cannot find it. Great shout though.

Think it was in a thread ages ago maybe don’t know tbh

Are we still going with the same advice that no boiler advice is given at all? I was always happy to help if it was not gas or case seal orientated but stopped so that all 3 mods were on the same page?

Are we still going with the same advice that no boiler advice is given at all? I was always happy to help if it was not gas or case seal orientated but stopped so that all 3 mods were on the same page?

It’s a hard one to find out what type of case seal type it is but to date all the ones we’ve advised them to get a pro in have been case sealed eg not decretive / requiring tools to remove

I don't want to link to GSR much. And certainly not base the forum around their rules.

I'm hoping we end up international. It's certainly working on the sparky forum.

So the GSR will eventually only apply to a group of users. A large group given our foundations in the UK but still.

I think stupid people will always want gas advice. Regardless of a message.

So we just need treat it on a case by case basis. And country by country.

If we find some weird African member on here who's got a problem with Gas and it's somehow causing pressure issues and he asks how to stop it (poor example perhaps I don't know) and we can tell him turn the gas valve off in the road. Or something. Rather than putting him off asking. We might save a life.

So it's not always good to push them away.

We need to be helpful. And sod the commercial GSR which will change owners over time. As we've seen already.

Wasn't it Certsure than ran Corgi. Whos business model is to charge tradesmen?

I don't like their model. And I don't like plumbers getting up their arse about being GSR. It's putting off people asking about Taps when we just reply 'get a plumber in'. It's not what we're here for.

There's a line in the middle somewhere. We're not on it yet. But we're way way over it one side and very offputting at the moment IMO.

So hang in there. I'm coming over here once I've got rid of a few more members who are not helping the spakry forum. They're being quiet while I'm on there so I'm hiding now. lol

It’s one of them I believe a fine line

And agree people should be able to ask questions freely

We wont ever be perfect mate. And we wont ever have it right for all members. But this response we've got by some members, and it's usually the same half a dozen, as I've found with three forums to be the case (it's always just a few very outspoken members and not all members) is off-putting.

I've setup a reward for good content on the sparks forum, testing it out before I add it here.

Will see what happens.

Reply to New Message for Newbies, and another for those with 50+ posts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock